Much ado about the Shakespeare Showcase

Much ado about the Shakespeare Showcase

SHAKESPEARE SPIRIT- Yaire Medina and Danzel Stewart are first in line for tickets. Many have been looking forward to the reprise of this annual event.

SHAKESPEARE SPIRIT- Yaire Medina and Danzel Stewart are first in line for tickets. Many have been looking forward to the reprise of this annual event. "$3 isn't a bad price at all, I get to see my friends do what they love for the same price as a fast food meal!" senior Jenna Wolske said.

Camryn Souders, Staff Reporter

On March 8 at 6:30 P.M., advanced theater students are performing a Shakespeare Showcase in the MHS Amphitheater. The tickets are $3 and the proceeds will go towards funding “Antigone,” the spring play. Ticket sales are available in Ms. Catell’s room, 8-114 on the first floor of the Davis Building, or at a booth on the night of the performance.

The showcase will feature “Midsummer Night’s Dream,” “Othello” and “Macbeth” (the witches scene.) Actors in the play are: Anna-Claire Ballard, Rudy Bruce, Gillian Chism, Malcolm Clermont, Katherine Falvey, Rain Miller, Billy Richard, Lluvia Rodriguez and Max Sorba.

The board outside of Ms. Catell’s room has an announcement for the play, as well as a social media challenge. To win free tickets, take a photo with the board and post it with #ManateeShakespeare.

The culinary department will be providing food and drinks at low prices. They will be offering Asian chicken and veggie wraps, chicken Caesar wraps, panini’s, brookies, canned sodas and waters. The profit will be going to the FCCLA Club.

Come out and support our amazing theater program and FCCLA! It’s sure to be a “hit, a palpable hit.” as Hamlet puts it.