Cross country regional meet

Cross country regional meet

Ready to race- The boys and girls cross country teams practice for hours everyday to prepare for their meets. All of their challenging practices lead them to success at the district meet, where they both advanced to the regional meet.

Ready to race- The boys and girls cross country teams practice for hours everyday to prepare for their meets. All of their challenging practices lead them to success at the district meet, where they both advanced to the regional meet. "The hay is in the barn," stated Coach Smith, meaning that they have already put in as much training as possible and now all they have to do is watch their hard work pay off.

Mary-Grace Graham, Staff Reporter

This past weekend on Nov. 2, the boys and girls varsity cross country teams competed at Lake Region High School for the 4A Region 2 meet after both placing in the top 10 as a team at districts the previous weekend.

Unfortunately, neither team placed top 8 in the regional meet, meaning they will not advance on to states as a team. However, Caroline Lehman and Paul Lespasio placed as individuals, qualifying the two for the state meet this upcoming Saturday, Nov. 9.

The girls finished their season, ranking 9th in the region and the boys 13th.  Both teams succeeded at districts to make it to regionals and put in many miles of hard work to improve throughout the season. Go Canes!