Shining at Robinson’s Preserve

Shining at Robinson’s Preserve

New Experiences: Students participate in the experiment that was presented to them. It showed students on how our water gets polluted.

New Experiences: Students participate in the experiment that was presented to them. It showed students on how our water gets polluted. "I was brought to tears twice. Once when a student who had not ever used a full sentence and usually only states one work, spoke to a kayaker. . . The second time was when our wheelchair student compared himself to the tortoise" stated Mrs. Watkins.

Sandra Martinez, Staff Reporter

Every month, the special-need students have community based learning experiences. This month, Mrs. Borkus and Mr. Brown, the newest ESE aides, took 16 students to Robinson’s Preserve. Mr. Aiden, a guide from the preserve, conducted an experiment for the students. Every student participated demonstration. From there, they visited a rescued tortoise with a permanent leg injury who had been hit by a car and glued back together. After that, they finished off with a 90 minute nature walk experience.