Random Acts of Kindness week is coming

Random Acts of Kindness week is coming

Kaitlyn Schafer, Reviews, Features. and Editorials editor

Random Acts of Kindness Week is next week and there are many actions and activities that students can participate in around campus. The week is orchestrated by the Random Acts of Kindness club which is run by Mrs. Walter.

On Tuesday Feb. 18, members of the club will have a big paper up in the cafeteria with sticky notes so students can write positive and encouraging messages.

The goal on Wednesday Feb. 19 is to say “thank you” to someone. The club asks for people to find a person in their lives they would like to thank and to either write them a note or say it in person.

On Thursday Feb. 20, make a new friend. The objective is to talk to someone one has never spoken to. Sit somewhere new at lunch or just say hello to someone new in the hallways.

Everyone loves being complimented, so on Friday Feb. 21, find someone to compliment. Make an effort to tell someone something admirable about them.

All week students can stop by Mrs. Walter’s room, room 359, to write a kind note to a friend to be delivered Friday.

Teachers will email Mrs. Walter with descriptions of acts of kindness they see students doing and winners will receive gift cards. The club will also be collecting items for Manatee County’s Animal Services, such as wet cat food, dawn dish soap, cat toys, blankets and towels. The first period with the most collected will receive a special prize.