Resources for eLearning

Mary-Grace Graham, Editor

With all of the chaos caused by COVID-19, there has been a lot of confusion among students, teachers, and parents. Use the resources below to help answer your questions about eLearning and more.

To convert pictures and papers to PDFs…

Many teachers request students to upload their assignments as PDFs. PDFs are more accessible for teachers; this also creates consistency. To upload documents as PDFs, follow the instructions below:

iPhone:

To convert a physical paper to a PDF:

First, open the notes app shown below:

Press the new note icon in the bottom right corner.

Press the camera icon at the bottom of the page (or above the keyboard if you are typing).

Select “Scan Documents” and take a picture of the paper. You can take more than one photo at a time if you wish to have them in the same file. Once completed, press “Done” and “Save.”

Crop the photo if needed.

To rename, simply press and hold on the scanned document and select “Rename.”

From here, you may press the upload icon at the top and scroll over until you see the “copy to Schoology” button (this only works if you have the Schoology app downloaded on your phone).

To convert a picture from your camera roll to a PDF:

First, open the notes app shown previously.

Select “Photo Library” and choose the photo you would like to convert.

Once the photo shows up in your note, press and hold the picture and press “share.”

Scroll down and click on “Print.”

Once the photo shows up to print, zoom in to enlarge the photo. The image is now a PDF.

Android (this works for iPhones too if the previous instructions were too complicated or did not work)

To convert a physical paper to a PDF or to convert a picture from your camera roll to a PDF:

Download the FREE version of Genius Scan

Press the “+” at the bottom left.

From here, you can either scan a picture or upload one from your camera roll.

Once the documents have been scanned or uploaded, press the upload icon at the bottom right.

Make sure the format reads “PDF.” Then, upload to files or to wherever you choose.

You can also select “Other Apps” and scroll over and press the “Copy to Schoology” icon (this only works if you have the Schoology app downloaded on your phone).

Additional resources and news updates concerning eLearning:

Additional resources and tools can be found on Schoology and on https://www.manateeschools.net/manatee. The pictures below are where you can  find these updates.